SO after being inundated with posts like these – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27105023 in regards to good ole Britain still being a Christian nation, I honestly couldn’t think of one reason why Cameron would make such a claim like this. I mean, it would only take a couple of quick discussions with actual Christians (you know, like the ones who ACTUALLY believe the bible) to see that this is false. We’ve fallen a long way as a nation, and no honest to God Christian really takes Cameron’s words seriously.
So in light of such a bold face lie of a statement, here are my top 10 reasons why I think our Prime Minister thinks otherwise.
1) Our national anthem still contains “God” in it.
2) Our flag has a huge red cross across it
3) We have many tall church buildings
4) Westminster Abbey
5) We are living in the present but, thinking of the past
6) Britain is part of the western world. Western world = Christianity
7) The first English bible was from England.
8) Christmas & Easter are still bank holidays
9) Being religious = being Christian. Christianity = religiosity
10) He lives in a bubble.
Yep so those are my 10 reason, most of them are nonsensical, just like David Cameron’s claims. If you would like more serious reasons why Britain has fallen away, including the moral degradation that is eating our country up, take a read of this insightful post. – http://www.john-stevens.com/2014/04/letter-to-editor-why-does-david-cameron.html