WOW WOW WOW 2014 has been one of those years where if I were told in January, what I would experience by December, I would have…………believed it! Because that’s the way life is, but I still would have been in awe of how these random events would fit into a tightly knit puzzle called 2014.
Suffice to say that 2014 has exceeded my expectations of how I envisioned God working in my life personally! With all that has gone on, I feel it necessary to continue my tradition of writing a “Thankful Post” the end of every year just so I remind myself that above anything else. God is Good.
So here are my top 10 things that made me thankful in 2014.
- Health – Never underestimate the blessing of just having good health. Many of my Christian brothers & sisters have fallen ill throughout the year & my prayer goes out to them, so to take health for granted is a big mistake.
- Chanced Encounters – London, my city is a place where you can meet various people at any given time. I have had the pleasure of meeting really interesting people throughout 2014. Some who have stuck around, others who stayed just for a short while. All with interesting backgrounds & from different walks of life. It really opens your eyes to the world we live in. As Christians, we cannot be closed minded, the world is crying out for truth & as bastions of truth, we have to let the light shine as Christ taught us to do.
- Single Vision Conference – I attended the Single Vision Conference in Florida once again this year & just like previous years, it was of tremendous encouragement to me. Not only did I meet so many other like-minded believers, but I got to hear some truly inspirational talks & sermons from people I look up to.
- My Heritage – I am thankful that I am made in the image of God of the melanoid variety 🙂 – 2014 has made me more aware of my heritage than ever before, both good & bad. Regardless of everything, I am thankful of who God has made me.
- Hobbies – 2014 had it fair share of stressful moments, but whenever I needed to let some steam off, football or running came to my rescue. For those few moments nothing else mattered, except playing for my team & pushing myself to deliver on the pitch or run further than I’ve ever ran.
- Missionaries To London – Thankful for those who give their lives to bring the gospel to my city. Praying for more church plants in 2015 & that God would use me to plant a church someday in London
- Consistency – Life is a series of mundane tasks the best of times, but it’s in the mundane that men & women are forged. God blesses those who are diligent in the mundane but necessary tasks of the day
- My Bible – Battered, worn out, highlighted, paper clipped, smudged, bent, ripped……it just gets more beautiful the longer I have it.
- My Church – My sanctuary away from this crazy world. God’s house, God’s people.
- Family – Life is busy, but when we get together………… 🙂
What are you thankful for this year?
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. – Ephesians 3:20-21